JOIN THE CLUB – What’s in it for YOU?
Rapid innovation is happening that will enable products & everyday things of all types to ‘interact’ in some way remotely with people or other products. New devices and processes ranging from: smartphones and their ‘apps’ through 3D printing & nanotechnology to low cost Printed and Plastic Electronics (PPE), are becoming available that can: Create new visual effects: including static or moving and scrollable images
Produce a sound
Contain embedded data: for instant information; for validating the identity or location of a product or person;
Enable interfaces that can respond to touch, gestures or motion
Sense & report on an environment, temperature or condition
Release a chemical substance in a controlled way
Gather energy from the ‘air’ ….and much more
Smart ‘things’ will form extended data communications networks and lead to the much-vaunted longer term vision of every product having its own unique IP address and being accessed by other intelligent devices anywhere. This is part of what has been dubbed the ‘Internet of Things’ (IOT).
A new generation of devices and communication protocols that sit alongside RFID is emerging; e.g. Near Field Communication (NFC), Ultra Wide Band (UWB), ZigBee, RuBee etc. These promise to deliver real time information on location.
So what are YOU doing about it?
If you have enjoyed the recent Pack To The Future (#PTTF) events with presentations on topics such as ‘Printed Electronics in Packaging’ and the affiliated IPI events such as ‘Game Changing Developments for Brands and Packaging based on Smart Phones’, we have something very special FOR YOU that I’m sure will be very appealing.
Design Cognition is proud to announce an exciting new partnership with Interactive Product Solutions, and the forming of an Interactive Packaging Club dedicated to this area. In particular the club will help Members to find answers to key questions such as:
• What applications are other early adopters pursuing and why?
• What technologies can I adopt now & what are the resource and cost implications for me?
• Which technologies can be used alone or in combination to address my applications and how?
• What are the realistic time scales and when will it begin to affect my company?
• What commercialisation activities or development projects are worth engaging in now?
GET YOUR FREE PROSPECTUS BY CLICKING HERE
So how will we do this?
Together we are planning to run a series of special events:
1. A series of Webinars sessions which will will involve presentations by leading technology suppliers from around the world, followed by a discussion of the commercial implications of the developments presented. A great way for our international clients to participate…..Webinars will cover specific topics or themes as follows:
- Flexible Displays (battery & non-battery powered)
- Sensors (biological & non-biological)
- Controlled Release Devices
- Brand Protection, Anti-Counterfeiting & Traceability Devices
- Physical/Digital (phygital) Experiences, including Augmented Reality
- Consumer Engagement
- Packs as active tokens in game play
- Indicative packaging
2. Regular full-day facilitated Working Group Sessions that will provide the opportunity for Interactive Packaging Club Members to develop an in-depth understanding and debate emerging technologies and identify new applications and commercial opportunities.
3. On-Line Interactive Packaging Resource Centre
Via the restricted ‘members-only’ web site, Interactive Packaging Club Members have access to a comprehensive and authoritative dossier of information relating to Interactive Packaging.
GET YOUR FREE PROSPECTUS BY CLICKING HERE
Payment will be via a one-off annual membership fee – see prospectus for provisional details.
If YOU or any of your friends or colleagues would like to find out more, please ask them to send an email to Chris Penfold via: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep you updated as information becomes available over the next few weeks.
Many thanks and we look forward to working with you
If this event is not quite right for you, we are always willing and able to run bespoke workshops at your premises anywhere in the world. Let us know if you’d like us to put together a unique itinerary for you.
To find out more email email@example.com
Give us a call on +44 (0) 115 8461914